Sunday 11 August 2013

College Applications and Capitalism

It sure is a capitalistic world out there.

Everything about universities and college seems to be capitalistic: right from their college applications to the course fees.

The college apps say:

1. Tell us about yourself  (600 characters inclusive spaces)
2. If you graduate before March 2014 say what you plan to do (300 characters inclusive of spaces)

Woah! How am I supposed to put ALL about myself in just 600 characters, the inclusion of spaces practically makes the supposedly HUGE figure of 600 characters 6 lines. It freaking even counts punctuation. What could I possibly say to universities about 9 MONTHS after my graduation in 300 characters????

(Me fuming...)

Yeah...

Well, now that I got all that out of my system.

I think it actually is great. It prevents the 'applicants' to keep track of what they are actually writing and not go off on total tangents. This helps keep their (and definitely my) head out of the clouds. (Yeah I could not write about my plan to make a space craft this summer and my plan to climb Mt. Everest and my plan to make a village self sustainable and make clean energy accessible to the previously dark village)
Well that cut down my dreams, and my language by quiet a lot.



I am running out of steam now. Got a lot to do now. Finishing and submitting my Extended Essay tomorrow so wish me luck....

Will finish the post later.

The fumes are condensing now.
Srishti 

No comments:

Post a Comment